Recent Posts

Friday, June 24, 2011

This kid


Sometimes she drives me bonkers.
Like when she pours a cup of yogurt on the floor for no reason.
Terrifies the dog by chasing him around the living room on her bike.
And every bug she sees is grounds for hysteria, meltdowns and tears.

But then she will tell you things in a very serious yet quizzical tone,
"I don't like that Jesus made bugs."
Snuggle up with the dog while he is sleeping and find Waldo.
Make beds for all the dolls out of wash rags and tissues.
Put all of the flatware neatly away in the drawer.

and maybe just maybe,
She will hold your face with two hands.
Look into your soul with her sea green eyes,
and sing you this song.

"I love you forever,
I'll like you for always
As long as I am living
my mommy you'll be"

Yup.
Worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails