Recent Posts

Monday, February 7, 2011

Ups and downs of building a house and bread making.

Today was a hard day.
It just was.
Complicated news about the house...
I don't know what we are going to do.
This is hard.
The kids were crazy people during the meeting with the contractor.
Our poor Realtor spent the whole time chasing them up and down the stairs so we could talk with the contractor.
She is earning her money thats for sure.
After the meeting I felt defeated.
What if we just walked away and found somewhere else to live?
We could... we might...
Or we could stick it out and hope the interest rates don't change in the next four months.
What do we do?
This was enough to justify a cupcake.
The girls slept in the car.
(They were tired from all the running)
I called the number on the window in front of the store and paid by credit card over the phone.
Blood-orange was the guys favorite cupcake.
Turned out to be my favorite one too.
I bought four, one for each of us.
But I tried a bite of each one first.
To be safe.

Bread Making
If you are going to make bread consider the following:

Letting bread rise for five hours once while you are meeting with your contractor is not the same as letting it rise twice for 45minutes.

If you are going to double it, check to see how much flour you will require before hand, 12 cups of flour with break your kitchen aid.

Even homemade low fat bread is still lots of calories... lots.

If you let it rise in a metal bowl on top of the stove with the oven pre-heating; It will cook itself and burn your daughters hand.

Oh and every time I think Brooke has pooped the biggest diaper of her life, she rises to the challenge and smears it on the carpet.

Like I said. It was a hard day.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Ugh. I am sorry friend. I send you many happy thoughts and hopefully all will be well with your little dream house. I am so hopeful for you. The other stuff? It makes for great memories later, really, you are so wonderful. Hang in there.

Jewels said...

Sorry about the house. I'll do my best to make time fly so June comes quickly. If you guys every need a break from it all, you're more than welcome to vacay over here. :) (Do I mention that often enough?) So glad you got cupcakes. Feel free to get them as often as needed until said house is completed. :)

Kaity said...

I am so sorry. Those days are the worst. Good luck with the house.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails