Recent Posts

Sunday, May 8, 2011

POW 14

Flying
flying
This was called the Tarzan Swing.
The first part was absolutely terrifying I was hoisted 50 feet into the air by a golf part and then told to simply: Let go.
At first I held to the rope with dear life, sure that I was to die, feeling the sharp drop of free fall as a swung like a pendulum back and forth through a clearing in the woods.
As the swing began to slow a calm moved through the air.
I let go of the rope I was strapped to, and let my arms fly.
The sound of the wind in the trees, the bright sun flares glimmering through the leaves.
A peace came.
It was beautiful.

3 comments:

Heather said...

two words: freakin awesome!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture! Looks like you really let go and enjoyed =)
-Jill

Jeri said...

this makes me a little sick to my stomach. I am glad you enjoyed it..

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails