Recent Posts

Thursday, October 7, 2010

saving grace

cookies and bats

these cookies are helping
a lot
.
.
.
actually maybe not so much, it's slowing my running time.
.
.
.
They are the best cookies in the world!
.
.
.
I got the recipe from my Laurel Advisor when I was 16.
I knew then that I would want my kids to think that I made the best cookies in the world
.
.
.
...and I do.

Here it is

Kelly Johnson's Chocolate Chip Cookies
(with or without oatmeal, coconut, nuts etc...)

1 cup Crisco (I used butter flavored because I love butter but Crisco makes a much softer cookie)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tbs vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour (I did 50/50 with wheat)
1 1/2 cup oatmeal
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 bag chocolate chips
or the following combination
( 1 cup chocolate chips 1 cup butterscotch 1 cup coconut 1 cup pecans or walnuts)

Make the cookies like every cookie recipe you have ever made. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes, I prefer 8 minutes I like them a little gooey. These however were cooked a little longer but they are still soft and chewy.

*Okay, I just realized that I forgot to add 1 tsp of baking powder, but I just made some with out it and they turned out exquisite. So I am beginning to think that baking powder is just a sham. Discuss.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Those sound fabulous. As a cookie connoisseur I will have to give them a try. Have you tried Grandma Hansen's Ranger cookie recipe? I LOVE that one and always add chocolate chips to it.

Jeri said...

Rileigh's cookies are the best! Nevermind Kelly Johnson.... In my recipe binder it reads "Rileigh's amazing cookies"!!!!!!

Unknown said...

These sound fabulous. As long as the soda's in there I'm pretty sure you don't need the powder...experiment?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails