Recent Posts

Sunday, July 11, 2010

exhaustion


Do you remember when I went to Colonial Williamsburg last month?
Of course not because I didn't post about it.
This is Jocelyn on the floor of our authentic colonial pub completely exhausted from water parks, running, intense humidity and cousins.

She was so wiped at the restaurant I just let her curl up into a little ball on my purse, under the table. Like a little bird she would pop her head up from time to time for bites of cornbread (the best I have ever had)
I know it was sort of gross but my baby was too tired for me to care about propriety or germs.
That's how I feel now,
and I am still so far from resting.
I need to get my head around this move. Make the calls, change the addresses, confirm our future place of residence, inform the CA DMV that we have due current registration on our car, just not in your state.

It will all work out in the end, I know it. I know we were supposed to come here, and I know we are supposed to go there, I just wish someone else would do it for me.
Right now I feel like crawling up into a ball on the floor waiting for someone to feed me little bites of grub. But I am the mama now. Ben and I take care of our family, each other, which means getting up when we are tired and want to quit ... or at least ordering some room service.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, I know the feeling. Whenever my to-do list is that enormous, I usually end up just sitting on the couch, distracting myself with a full carton of ice cream. Hang in there friend!

Hilary said...

Said so well. I hear ya too. Every scratched off item on my to do list deserves a victory dance. But ice cream Katie, sounds even better. Definitely on my to do list tomorrow, pick some up!

Jeri said...

Make the to-do list cute and print it! Then get dressed cute and start on it. Once I did my hair and put on make-up to clean the attic! It actually helped me be in a better mood about it. I announced "Don't I look ready to CLEAN!" to my family. They think I am nuts. =)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails